Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Student Snail Mail

Summer is already half way over?? I can't even believe it. I've started planning some back to school craziness and I really wanted a creative way to connect to my new students. What better way than a summer snail mail mystery?!


I found a template to make mini envelopes, chose some fun patterned papers and started tracing, cutting, and gluing! Inside the envelope the students will find the first clue to a riddle, a note from their new teacher, and a return address if they want to write me back :)


There are 6 more clues to go before the first day of school. I've been thinking about mailing some unconventional items that hold the clues. Maybe a flip flop? a water bottle? silly putty? It's amazing what you can throw some stamps on and drop in the mail box.


Stay tuned for a picture tutorial of how to make these cute envelopes.


What are you doing to say hello to your new students?

3 comments:

  1. So stinkin' cute! Will you send me one just because? On account of I don't ever get snail mail anymore. LOL - You're in for a FUN SMART class!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thanks!! I may or may not have stocked up on dollar store goodies to mail in the next few weeks. I will definitely be sticking some stamps on a flip flop, adding some permanent marker, and dropping it in the mail!!! Either the kids will love it or think I'm crazy. Either one works for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha - looks like everyone still likes snail mail

    Dad

    ReplyDelete