Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Class Rules

Classroom Rules. In my mind they're one of the most important aspect of classroom management. If the expectation is not clearly set then how can we as teachers expect students to meet it? One style of teaching I've been loving recently is whole brain teaching. Definitely check out the whole brain teaching website to see videos of this in action! 


As part of this style of teaching there are 5 rules that each have a hand motion associated with them. Attaching a hand motion helps students make a stronger connection in their memory as well as keeping them engaged! I decided to make rule posters this weekend to help my students remember these expectations. Here are the first four!


2 comments:

  1. Too cute! I made a rules poster on a Vistaprint car magnet - FREE!!!!! Have you used Vistaprint yet? If not, check out their free specials and only pay shipping. I changed the rules a bit: Follow directions quickly; Raise your hand for permission to speak; Respect yourself, respect others; Make smart choices; Be a blessing. I honestly don't mind kids getting up during class to wiggle or get supplies, so that rule would annoy me too much. I love WBT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posters are so awesome! I love the whole brain teaching rules (they've made my life so much easier this year!) What does you poster for Rule five look like?

    ReplyDelete